Name: Revd Dr Peter Johnson
I began my teaching career in London and came to Cornwall in 1979, working through the profession in five primary schools to 1991 before spending twelve years as headteacher of a small two class school and then of a larger school with a childcare centre. I then worked on the Senior Management Team of Cornwall Children’s Services Directorate for six years from 20013 as Head of Staff Wellbeing for Cornwall Council for school and social care staff. Following this, I joined the Senior Management Team of Student Services in the University of the West of England as Head of Health, Wellbeing, Faith and Spirituality. I led a consultancy review for a national health charity and am now Vicar of West Kerrier Benefice of four parish churches.
- Ofsted Team Inspector
- Investors in People Inspector
- Certificate in Project Management – Levels 3 and 4
- Cert Ed [Merit] Primary / Secondary age range
- Diploma in Theology and Pastoral Care
- Diploma in Meditation
- Diploma in Personal and Business Coaching
- National professional Qualification for Headteachers
- B Ed [Hons] The Promotion of Spirituality in Infant Children
- MSc [Distinction] Workplace Wellbeing
- PhD The Promotion of Spirituality in Primary Schools
- Governor of four schools, most recently Chair of Breage C of E School
- Trustee of Epiphany House, Truro
- Trustee of Godrevy Arts Project, Hayle
- Chair of Cornwall Standing Advisory Council for Religious Education
Why a Trustee?
Following forty years’ experience in a wide variety of educational contexts, I wish to offer back something of the experience and knowledge gained during this time. I believe whole-heartedly in the concept of ‘one school’ across many geographical areas and sectors of education, and in the comprehensive benefit to pupils, staff, parents, carers and governance structures that this Multi-Academy Trust can bring.