Name: Karen Harris
Over 25 years’ experience in the financial, accounting, HR and operational leadership, including regulatory compliance with relationship management of regulators and auditors and over 20 years’ board experience.
Worked in a number of Director positions in stockbroking, fund administration, corporate administration and trusteeship
Currently working in a number of positions within the charity and not-for-profit arena
- FCCA (Fellow Member of Association of Chartered Certified Accountants)
- NSCI (Member of the Chartered institute for Securities and Investment)
- 20 + years in various Executive Director roles, including Compliance and Risk Management
- Experience working for a regulator reviewing organisations in the offshore life assurance sector
- Currently Non Executive Director of Coastline Housing Limited, including member of the Audit, Risk and Assurance committee
- Current chair of an FCA regulated charity
Why a Trustee?
I have been a professional corporate trustee for many years prior to retirement. I then decided to use my experience to help local charities and have within the last 9 years taken on a number of Director and Trustee positions and developed my regulatory knowledge within the charity sector.
I believe, despite my lack of experience within the education sector, my experience will bring a balance of financial and operational diligence to the board framework.